Slime in tank

jul148

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, umm my Axolotl tank seems to have a lot of slime, why is that? And what should I do? Sorry, I am a new Axolotl owner so I am new to this.
82D9BAC9-48C1-49A0-9509-BF0590E5EBEE.jpeg
84A23E12-32BF-4595-98E8-C1441E836930.jpeg

Hey, umm my Axolotl tank seems to have a lot of slime, why is that? And what should I do? Sorry, I am a new Axolotl owner so I am new to this.View attachment 88333View attachment 88334
It almost looks as if it's coming off the plants? Maybe they need to be rinsed off again? You probably already know this, but it's super important to rinse, soak, and rinse again any kind of decor you put in an aquarium. Adorable axolotl btw!

Bare bottom, plastic plants ...
Maybe the beginning of algae colonization

Ok I will clean the plants today and rinse everything down

It almost looks as if it's coming off the plants? Maybe they need to be rinsed off again? You probably already know this, but it's super important to rinse, soak, and rinse again any kind of decor you put in an aquarium. Adorable axolotl btw!
Thank you

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back