someone please help, white spot inside stomach

jennag446

Reaction score
Country
United States
this white spot appeared inside my axie just an hour ago. he was completely fine yesterday but today he is barely moving and more bloated than usual. we switched from feeding him bloodworms to nightcrawlers yesterday night. parameters ammonia 0ppm nitrates 5ppm nitrites 0ppm. i removed sand from the tank a week or two ago and there is still a little scattered around but i can’t imagine it would be enough to impact him.

Attachments

• 158B948F-DA5C-47DF-8534-393EE96F823D.jpeg
    158B948F-DA5C-47DF-8534-393EE96F823D.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 416
whats the water temperature?
how active is he she at night (you may have to wait until it is dark and use a torch to check)
because of being young and semi translucent anything consumed will be visible including any bowel movements.

whats the water temperature?
how active is he she at night (you may have to wait until it is dark and use a torch to check)
because of being young and semi translucent anything consumed will be visible including any bowel movements.
the water temperature is 66 degrees f. the spot seems to have gone away, so i agree that it must have been something he ate. he has been a little more active since

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back