Illness/Sickness: Sore in Paramesotriton treatment and recovery

PereJosa

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Display Name
Peraka
Hello.

8 months ago, i buy a Paramesotriton chinensis, in two weeks, this newt are a rarely pointed, i look for information, but im not have more about this...

a.jpg

one Montevideo friend recomended Treatment with "enroflomacina". this newt are in land.

Are think it' probably interested for save any newt.

This treatment consist in two immersion, of 5 minutes for day in water with enrofloxomacina, in 15 days.

the concentration it's 1cm3 /1l of water. I use the same water in 7 days.

this is the evolution;

The newt in the treatment sumerged

Pxungo1.jpg

In 7 days

Pxungo5.jpg

10 or 15 days

Pxungo4.jpg

Pxungo3.jpg

When the treatment are finished

Pxungo6.jpg

At actually, 5 months after.This newt stay in good condition, and eat very well:eek:

100_4816.jpg

good bye

Well done nursing him back to health. Good job!

Thank you for posting the photos. Enrofloxacin is sold under the brand name Baytril, which is a more familiar name here in the US. I assume this is what you used.

Is there a reason that are you keeping the newt terrestrial? This species is usually highly aquatic.

I received a reply from Peraka. This is a good thread, so I don't mind bumping it back to life all these years later. He says that this newt has been kept in an aqua-terrarium, where it can choose between land and water. It sometimes chooses to be on land for 3-4 months of the year, the rest of the time in water.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back