Sourcing Food in Japan

ShawnJPN

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Display Name
Shawn.jpn
Anyone here know where to go for small cultures of fruit flies, slugs, blackworms and so on for small efts?

Hello.

Though I do not live in Tokyo thus have never visited these shops, Endless Zone (エンドレスゾーン) or Hachurui Club (爬虫類倶楽部) are quite famous in reptiles or amphibians area thus should sell food for them (at least small crickets, and hopefully blackworms).

- Endlesszone
- 爬虫類倶楽部中野店|爬虫類倶楽部
(Hope you can read Japanese.)

Or if you want fruit flies and can afford some risks, try "Yahoo! Auction"(ヤフオク) and search for "ショウジョウバエ".

- ヤフオク! -ショウジョウバエの中古品・新品・未使用品一覧
(Again, hope you can read Japanese.)

If you prefer worms, try Spheroaqua (スフィロアクア) who sells and ships moth worms (not sure what it is called in English, but it's called "ハニーワーム"(honey worm) in Japanese) of various sizes. Shipping cost may seems a bit pricy for the cost of worms itself.

- ハニーワーム通販|エサ用昆虫|スフィロアクア
(And again, the same thing.)

Hope this helps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back