Sprout is not flicking his gills often?

sprouticus

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don’t know if I should be worried? He eats just fine, and he is behaving normal. He doesn’t flick his gills as often as he used to before? (Pic with some brine because I just finished feeding him)

His temp is at 67.3 (F) degrees
His PH is 7.6
Ammonia is 0.25
Nitrate: 0
8F7E24CB-F136-4FC7-8CD4-22BBB8E0F41C.jpeg

Thats one of those things to not stress over.

what is your nitrite just as a final thing to check as ammonia should be 0 unless you have proven you have a false read 0.25 long term

Thats one of those things to not stress over.

what is your nitrite just as a final thing to check as ammonia should be 0 unless you have proven you have a false read 0.25 long term

My nirite level I checked was also 0 ppm as well. His ammonia is usually at 0 except for yesterday. I was planning on doing his water change today as it's his usual water change day. I worry too much (because I am very used to keeping fresh water fish so I know that axolotls are very different than fish) but I'm glad that him not flicking his gills too often isn't something for me to be alarmed about!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back