Question: Starting again...

Nexus616

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today i came back and found my first axie (Tobii) was dead due to unexplained causes. and after the inital shock i thought about repopulating the tank.
seeing as i did not doo too well last time I would like to know what is good for a beginner...
Ie one axie, two axies, what breed.... so on and so forth.
Thank you in advance.

Aw, I'm so sorry for your loss! :(
Personally, I'd stick to one, but it depends on your long term plans.
Meaning are you desperate to keep more then one?
And breed?
To my knowledge axolotls don't come in breeds?

I hope you have better luck with the next axie.

Mitz x

Hi Nexus616,

I am so sorry for your axie!

Look, most if not all of the information you want can be found on the axolotl site - www.axolot.org. Read through that, and you will already be off to a good start.

My condolences,

-Eva

To my knowledge axolotls don't come in breeds?

That is a very good point, i take biology for A level this is embaressing :sick:, so one untill im a pro got it :cool:

Look, most if not all of the information you want can be found on the axolotl site - www.axolot.org. Read through that, and you will already be off to a good start.
-Eva

Fantastic, thank you very much to both of you. I plan to search for one this weekend.
All the best,

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back