- Jul 11, 2011
- Reaction score
- United Kingdom
Well i managed to get a 60x45x60 exo terra viv for a good price on ebay so im one step closer to getting some Whites tree frogs
- Is it better to cover 3 of the 4 sides of the viv or just the back with a backing? I read somewhere that 3 sides can cut down stress.
- What do i need to look for when buying live plants? My local Lidl has some small bromeliads in, any good? Or is it safer to get them from a more reliable source?
- The Viv comes with a basking lamp and a thermostat and a heat mat, i can use the thermostat and heat mat (and am going to get another heat mat as i think two help humditiy, one on side and one on bottom? with the side one linked up to thermo so it doesnt over heat?). But im guessing the basking lamp is out, what the best lighting/lighting unit? Im a little unsure about this as i dont want them burning themselves on the bulb
- and a bit of an odd question to finish with, my girlfriend is worried about the electricity bill with all this, anything she needs to worry about? XD
- If you have a planted tank, are we talking spot cleaning often? Im guessing you cant do a full clean as such or have i missed something?