Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Stipe/other plant geeks ;o)

C

charlie

Ok. Petsworld in pitt st had banana lilies DAMN cheap ($1.20 each, 3 for $3) so I've got.... 6)

Whats the best way to plant them/care for them. Seems a mutant plant - the leaves and roots both going upwards?

I've planted part of it under the substrate (sand) and kept the leaves facing up?

(no insult intended by plant geek. I'm a fish geek, no doubt!)

J

jojo

Theres many conversations about banana lillies spread throughout the boards..

R

rob

yes it is a very good site for info Theresa, but if u ask a question u probably wont get a reply like here, "they seem so snobby"

C

charlie

Thats a perfect link. Got it right it seems. Turned out the plants had that I was told were banana lilies, were not. So i bought 6! (they were cheap!)

Taken out a bit of the elodea and replaced it with the lilies. One of the plants has about 10 inches of roots/branches on it, so I'm pretty happy! just have to see how it grows now
happy.gif

T

theresa

Hey Rob, Interesting. I've never gone on the forum, just looked up different plants. i have done fishgeeks allot and they are rally unsnobby and helpful. Nothing about axies on that site for sure. This is def. the "bomb' on axies and the like. i am very thankful for all the help I have received here, for sure. thanks everyone again...!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!