Strange attatchment to droppings

C

clare

I am a new keeper. So please dont laugh if I post something stupid. smiles.
Today I noticed what looks almost like string attached to what I assume are their droppings. I have found 3 of these in the tank. About 6 weeks ago they had mated and I had a tank full of eggs. I know the male drops lil sperm packets and so on. But these are actually attached to the droppings. Scared me to death. As I said it looks like string. I know they have not had string in their tank. It looks like bowels ACK !!!!
Can some one please give me some help here. I am very worried.
BTW the eggs hatched lived for about a month. With some deaths. Then the rest mass died.. sigh..

Hmm, that sounds rather odd, I hope someone can help. I know normally after it sits there a while it tends to form a line heading to the surface.

That happens sometimes, especially when feeding earthworms and insect larvae. Shouldn't be something to worry about.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back