Swe cb A.mavortium juveniles feeding.

grius

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Last edited:
Ah, lovely sight, Grius, thanx for sharing :) It´s so great to see CB A.mavortium and doing so well too.
I love it when they go mental for the tweezers. Some of my animals don´t even see food unless it has metal attached to it xD

Thank you Azhael, they really are an alert bunch of tigers : ) And to have Cb tigers is a big bonus!
My large ones also goes crazy for the tweezer. I like to feed that way, and especially juveniles as it make it easy to controll that all get the same amount of food.

They're amazing! I really wish we could have them in Australia. Very sad that we can't :( The only salamanders or newts we can have are Axolotls. :D At least we have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, Australia is not the perfect country if you like caudatas:/ But Axolotls is a nice animal: )

A short update.

I have few pretty bad pictures to show, and I guess gender is 3.1 or 2.2. Two of my largest are for me 100% males with their long flat tails and very big cloaca. The third one also have a flat tail but not as long, tho very big cloaca. And the last one look like a female in my eyes, same body shape as my 3,5 year old females, Or it's just not old enought to show yet.

Pic 1. Male. exactly 6,7inch.
Pic 2. Male.
Pic 3. Female.
And pic 4 is on one of the three I think is males(can't remeber if I took a picture on the last one) but all three have that big cloaca.

Any guesses?

Attachments

• 20121127690.jpg
    20121127690.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 20121127686.jpg
    20121127686.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 290
  • 20121127692.jpg
    20121127692.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 288
  • 20121127699.jpg
    20121127699.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 279
I got my answers from a knowledgeable source.

Thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back