Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Swollen cloaca

Jcreppel

Reaction score
I have a male who was fine wed/Thursday. Yesterday I noticed one side of his cloaca was swollen. It progressed rapidly throughout the day until I decided to fridge. I am doing full water changes and keeping an eye on him, but haven’t seen an improvement. Any ideas on what the issue is? I am at a loss and scared for him.

Attachments

• 635415D0-7C58-4693-9D67-82329B8DCF59.jpeg
    635415D0-7C58-4693-9D67-82329B8DCF59.jpeg
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 7322209B-BE9C-42A9-8CB1-3F9895BF191A.jpeg
    7322209B-BE9C-42A9-8CB1-3F9895BF191A.jpeg
    798.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 9D4D0C55-8CD5-4805-B182-B08161360EBC.jpeg
    9D4D0C55-8CD5-4805-B182-B08161360EBC.jpeg
    858.1 KB · Views: 84

EasternRomioi3

Reaction score
Hey, has anyone reached out to you to help? I have no idea what's wrong with your little buddy and I wish I could help. If no one has reached out to you yet, please make a post in the main axolotl forum part, not the under the sick category, put like "Urgent, please help" as the title or whatever. If this was my axolotl, I'd be grabbing my credit card and driving to the closest amphibian vet I could find.

I sincerely hope someone has reached out to you already. Please let us all know how your axolotl is.

Jcreppel

Reaction score
Hey, has anyone reached out to you to help? I have no idea what's wrong with your little buddy and I wish I could help. If no one has reached out to you yet, please make a post in the main axolotl forum part, not the under the sick category, put like "Urgent, please help" as the title or whatever. If this was my axolotl, I'd be grabbing my credit card and driving to the closest amphibian vet I could find.

I sincerely hope someone has reached out to you already. Please let us all know how your axolotl is.

I haven’t gotten a response or answer. So thank you! I will make a new post!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1