Question: Tank set up

Amcgilbery

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've purchased a terrarium for my newt recently and I was building a semi aquatic tank set up, I was wondering what the best way to separate the water portion, which uses turtle pebbles and the land, which is just dirt, the filter in the water just sucks all the dirt and clogs the filter what's the best way to stop or prevent this?

2f542873733fb0cb2a050555fc968bfb.jpg
this is the picture of the set up, the only thing I'm hesitant of is using all pebbles and no dirt because I heard bacteria sticks to pebbles and is hard to keep clean

I think I would ditch the pebbles altogether, they will make it very difficult to keep the water clean as they trap dirt in between the stones, I don't have any experience keeping Taricha though, so maybe someone else can chime in?

I think I would ditch the pebbles altogether, they will make it very difficult to keep the water clean as they trap dirt in between the stones, I don't have any experience keeping Taricha though, so maybe someone else can chime in?

How else would one go about setting up a semi aquatic set up?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back