Thanks for having me caudata.org ??

Ukelay

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey everyone!

My name is Luke and I'm from Sydney, Australia.
I have been looking at this site for many months now since i got my axolotl, but have only just recently decided to join the community.

I enjoy seeing photos of aquascape tanks or just cool set ups in general, as well as seeing everybody else's pet's as I love all kinds of amphibians even though I only own one adult female black melanoid named 'Thing 2' (i used to have a female albino named 'Thing 1' but i believe she was sick when I purchased her and has since passed away). I would love to get a wildtype or some other less common breed and set up a 6 foot tank but we are moving in a couple months so I think I'll postpone that project for now.

Very excited to become a part of this community and share information with other axolotl owners. ??

Welcome! I'm also in Sydney so if you need any help with local things let me know! Coppers are a cool colour to get. You don't see them all the time, but they're not too hard to find. I have a dark wildtype (turned almost black coming into adulthood) and a young copper :)
A 6ft tank would be incredible, and you could do so much aquascape with it! And 5-6 axolotls too!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back