Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

The Cute Axie Pictures Thread #2

Mortimer

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364826750.743382.jpg

Tephra

Reaction score
tephra-albums-dweeby-derpy-dopey-dilly-picture27923-peekaboo.jpg

Peekaboo!

tephra-albums-dweeby-derpy-dopey-dilly-picture27924-little-climber-d.jpg

Climbing rocks... a new favorite pastime of his :p

tephra-albums-dweeby-derpy-dopey-dilly-picture27921-dweeby-posing.jpg

Dweeby felt like posing today.

Oh, and I finally managed to grab a pic of one of my fish:

tephra-albums-dweeby-derpy-dopey-dilly-picture27922-fishy.jpg

This is a Grondel (in English it's called a Gudgeon I think)
Don't worry. They were in quarantine tank for quite a while before I placed them in the main tank. They have no diseases or parasites or anything. They are large enough to not get eaten (and might I say, blindingly fast!), and it's not in their nature to try and attack axies (or their gills). They are bottom feeders and eat pretty much anything axies will. This is a great boon; they eat up any leftovers you might not have cleaned up after feeding time.

They are very shy however; don't expect to see them merrily swimming around like a goldfish. They just hide and lay low.

Mortimer

Reaction score
I can't seem to stop taking/posting pictures of them!!!! Here they were tonight...

The babies:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364970277.308491.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364970307.602310.jpg

And Mortimer....in his typical, discombobulated-looking pose:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364970365.240365.jpg

Alkylhalide

Reaction score
Wow, I've never seen a wild type like that. o_o

I know! He is beautiful! I use to not like wild type color untill the breeder convinced me she had a beautiful wild type so i was like sure why not! I am glad she convinced me!
His colors are so distinct. And the green is beautiful. And he has silver splotches all over him.

pascale

Reaction score
I know i am biased, but my Franklin (since she is a girl perhaps ?franklynn?) is such a cute little character!!
(though I have gill-envy on all those long gills posted!) :D

Attachments

• franklin.jpg
    franklin.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 281

nix

Reaction score
It appears that Mulders' stomach is more powerful than his/her shyness :D
Scully scuttled over to see why she/he wasn't getting all the attention, or food :p

Attachments

• 2013-04-09 16.52.38.jpg
    2013-04-09 16.52.38.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,059
  • 2013-04-09 16.53.01.jpg
    2013-04-09 16.53.01.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 413
  • 2013-04-09 17.02.34.jpg
    2013-04-09 17.02.34.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 259

Morrison

Reaction score
I want a pretty wildtype too. Mine are cheap freaky looking forgotten things with some gills on them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The-Axolotl:
    Can anyone answer if I can use trichlorfon 20mg with my axolotls to treat the anchor worms it is supposed to kill them. I have purchased something from the shop called blue planet paracide which has 20mg of the trichlorfon
    +1
    Unlike
  • axolotl nerd:
    sorry in advance for anyone who reads my latest post, it’s very long and was written late at night, ergo it isn’t wonderfully organized
    +1
    Unlike
  • The-Axolotl:
    @axolotl nerd That's so cool that your looking into being a axolotl breeder/ having a axolotl sanctuary
    +1
    Unlike
  • axolotl nerd:
    @The-Axolotl, im a hug energy when it comes to axolotls, and decided i might as well “shoot my shot” and try to make a living out of it. lots of inspiration taken from margie, who used to breed and sell here on caudata- she was raising about 1000 juveniles at a time, which is my end goal
    +1
    Unlike
  • axolotl nerd:
    huge nerd**
    +1
    Unlike
  • The-Axolotl:
    Nice, if/when you start breeding axolotls make sure to post pics of the cute baby axies here on caudata
    +1
    Unlike
  • axolotl nerd:
    i plan on it!
    +1
    Unlike
  • Albi_the_axolotlt:
    Hi, i'm new to this community👋
    +1
    Unlike
  • Albi_the_axolotlt:
    and I need help
    +1
    Unlike
  • Albi_the_axolotlt:
    a lot of it
    +1
    Unlike
  • Albi_the_axolotlt:
    if anyone can please reach out to me
    +1
    Unlike
  • Albi_the_axolotlt:
    my axolotl is having airbubles in stomache
    +1
    Unlike
  • Albi_the_axolotlt:
    and is stressing a whole lot pls help me any useful info would help
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • The-Axolotl:
    @Albi_the_axolotlt have you made a thread on the forums about your axolotl having this problem?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Elder_Axolotl:
    @Albi_the_axolotlt I would definitely make a thread about this, but before you panic try putting you axolotl in a tub where the water only goes about an inch above it, and then cool the water down SLOWLY, like a couple ice cubes at a time, to about 50 Deg F. sometimes this helps them pass gas, or even have a bowel movement. Just make sure the Temps from your current enclosure and the tub are within 4 degrees of each other and not higher than 65 Deg F. so you dont Temp shock your baby.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Albi_the_axolotlt:
    well I don't know how to make a thread and I am very thankful for your help but the real reason I am worried about is that it goes away and comes back constantly like its gets better today then tomorrow morning she is at the top of the tank floating on her side all bubbled up? I do put her in a container with just enough water to cover her back and it helped but it gets annoying and scary when it's consantly happening and I am worried I am doing something horrible wrong.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Albi_the_axolotlt:
    If you would like to know my care I will make sure to share it with you!
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • Unlike
  • Unlike
  • britt6393:
    @Albi_the_axolotlt, Hi, do I still need to use aqueon pure balls in an established tank?
    +1
    Unlike
  • britt6393:
    Do I still need to use aqueon pure balls in a cycled tank? I have not used in a few weeks and my tank is not clear.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Albi_the_axolotlt:
    I am not sure britt6393 I don't want to give you wrong info ok? I hope you understand :)
    +1
    Unlike
  • The-Axolotl:
    @britt6393 I dont think you do have to use them anymore
    +1
    Unlike
    The-Axolotl: @britt6393 I dont think you do have to use them anymore +1