Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

The eggs not develop into embryos (Cynops orientalis)

amary

Reaction score
Hello,

please for your advice on eggs of Chinese fire belly newts /Cynops orientalis/. My knowledge in this area is not great. For the last 3 years, the eggs of my newts have not developed into embryos. After about 3 weeks without any development, the eggs slowly begin to turn cloudy without mold. In the end, the nucleus degenerates into a shapeless mass. This is happening in 2018-2020, and from 2015-2017 there were no problems with the new populations. During all these years, there is no change in growing conditions (water temperature and purity, PH and frequency of water change). In the first days after laying, the eggs seem to be all right. I tried everything - a complete restart of the aquaterrarium, separation and storage of eggs in clean water and everything else that comes to mind. There was no result.
My question to you is whether this anomaly is due to the conditions in the aquarium? Mother newt died, leaving the father with his three daughters. These problem eggs are the offspring of a father and his daughters - is that the cause of my problem?
You can see HD photos and videos of my newts at the address below. I apologize for my bad English. I hope I do not violate the rules of the forum. Best regards.
A.Marinov

Photos: Chinese newts /Cynops Orientalis/

Video:
---------------------

Здравейте,

моля за вашите съвети относно яйца на китайски огненокоремест тритон. Моите познания в тази област не са големи. През последните 3 години, яйцата на моите тритони не се развиват в ембриони. След около 3 седмици без никакво развитие, яйцата бавно започват да помътняват, без да се образува плесен. На края ядрото се изражда в безформена маса. Това се случва през 2018 - 2020 г, а от 2015 - 2017 нямаше проблеми с новите популации. През всички тези години, няма промяна в условията на отглеждане (температура и чистота на водата, PH и периодичност на сменяване на водата). В първите дни след полагането, яйцата изглеждат че всичко е наред. Опитах всичко - пълен рестарт на акватерариума, отделяне и съхраняване на яйцата в чиста вода и всичко друго каквото ми мине през ума. Нямаше никакъв резултат.
Моят въпрос към Вас е дали тази аномалия се дължи на условията в аквариума? Майката тритон умря и останаха бащата с трите негови дъщери. Тези проблемни яйца са потомство от баща и неговите дъщери - това ли е причината на моя проблем?
Снимки и клипове на моите тритони може да видите на посочения по-горе адрес. Извинявам се за моя лош английски. Надявам се че не нарушавам правилата на форума, защото трудно се ориентирам там.
Поздрави

---------------------

Attachments

• 2015_eggs.JPG
    2015_eggs.JPG
    785.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 2019_year.JPG
    2019_year.JPG
    723.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 2020_year.JPG
    2020_year.JPG
    578.4 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN0361.jpg
    DSCN0361.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN0372.JPG
    DSCN0372.JPG
    664.7 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN0374.JPG
    DSCN0374.JPG
    922.4 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN0375.jpg
    DSCN0375.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1