Thorny devil

i don't think those are allowed as pets. you can't even take them out of australia

i don't think those are allowed as pets. you can't even take them out of australia
OP lives in Denver, Colorado which allows *all lizards* to be owned as pets.

The horned toad is no an exotic animal and is native to the United States and Canada. Because their diets are very specific it is generally *recommended* that they not be kept as pets.

OP, please do research and if you caught this animal in the wild, please also consider returning it to the wild for both you and the animal's sake.

OP lives in Denver, Colorado which allows *all lizards* to be owned as pets.

The horned toad is no an exotic animal and is native to the United States and Canada. Because their diets are very specific it is generally *recommended* that they not be kept as pets.

OP, please do research and if you caught this animal in the wild, please also consider returning it to the wild for both you and the animal's sake.
oh, sorry i thought he was talking about thorny devils ( the reptile ) not the toad

He gave the scientific name so it was easy to look up. The scientific name of the thorny devil is Moloch horridus.

And both are reptiles. The horned toad is more properly the horned lizard. I have no idea why they call it a toad.

oh, sorry i thought he was talking about thorny devils ( the reptile ) not the toad
Oh, I see what the problem is. OP called the generic name "thorny devil" which is not accurate given the scientific name. Horned toad or horned lizard is what the OP has. Either way, I would encourage OP to research and, if he caught it in the wild, consider releasing it. If it was captive bred then that's a different story.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back