Tropical house for my Red eyed tree frogs

Aminart

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I am relatively new posting here despite always lurking around and an avid forum reader where I get many brilliant information and advice too.

I am in the process of preparing my greenhouse to house some amphibians and let them roam free. At the moment primarily interested in releasing my 5 red eyed tree frogs. So I am looking for any tips and advice from you all the more experienced ones.
I come from a lepidoptera background so in the beginning my GH was built with exotic butterflies and moths in mind which I have reared successfully and still do to some extent, but now am very keen on amphibians.
My GH is 20" X 8" and its fully climate controlled, for both Winter and Summer. I have built and installed a system that I maintain temperature and humidity range to any specification required to a very narrow margin of just 2C.
I would love to hear advice on what and how to plant the borders water ponds or features, plants and especially floor as I have gravel in the middle at the moment with borders with mature tropical plants around. Some photos included for a better idea.
Please feel free to ask me any question if you have and I will be very appreciated for all your help and advice.
I am a professional photographer by the way with background in Science and I work very closely with university lecturers researchers and biologists hence also my GH has been built around making it also photography friendly with good lighting in mind. I run photography workshops in my GH so you will some attendees practising their photography skills in some of the photos. Just thought I would explain .
Many thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back