Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

k.em

Reaction score
I didn't know this ! 😮
I'm don't know lot of urodele's breeders 😅
In Korea, they sell for $198. But as far as I know it is much cheaper in Europe. It reproduces very much and is saturated. There is only one case of breeding in Korea. So it is expensive in Korea.:mad:

Mini

Reaction score
Oh, It's so expensive ! ^^'
I find an idea of price in Europe in the forum, in 2015-2017, Tylototriton shanjing are in 20-70$/each :unsure:
There are an big difference among Europe and Korea !!o_O

k.em

Reaction score
Oh, It's so expensive ! ^^'
I find an idea of price in Europe in the forum, in 2015-2017, Tylototriton shanjing are in 20-70$/each :unsure:
There are an big difference among Europe and Korea !!o_O
As far as I can tell, there are a lot of Shanjing CBs in Europe, so there are too many for sale. therfore they send exports to Korea. In the process, it becomes expensive and expensive. :eek: It is bred once this year and is sold for 190,000 ~ 220,000 won. I really envy Europe. :ROFLMAO: however, I don't know how many breeders in Europe have CITES documents.:unsure:

Mini

Reaction score
Ok I understand but I don't know for CITES documents. :unsure:
Also the price is so expansive in korea !! These are tough to find ?
Tylototriton Shanjing are really cool and cute 😁
Have you photos of your tank ?? 😉

k.em

Reaction score
Ok I understand but I don't know for CITES documents. :unsure:
Also the price is so expansive in korea !! These are tough to find ?
Tylototriton Shanjing are really cool and cute 😁
Have you photos of your tank ?? 😉
shanjing is a species designated in CITES Level 2. Therefore, you must have the corresponding commercial documents that you send abroad at the time of export. The seller must have the transfer document to that person, and the buyer must have the transfer document to be legally reared (transfer of a receive declaration form)

Haha, the tank is too shabby to send. :ROFLMAO:

Mini

Reaction score
Oh ok 😁 ! Thanks for me explaining
It's okay for photo, just in Asia, you have other way to create the tank and to maintain these animal :unsure:

k.em

Reaction score
Oh ok 😁 ! Thanks for me explaining
It's okay for photo, just in Asia, you have other way to create the tank and to maintain these animal :unsure:
사육장2.jpg

haha.. here it is!

Mini

Reaction score
Interesting 😁 so how do you clean up the tank ? Have you a water part in the tank ?😮

k.em

Reaction score
Interesting 😁 so how do you clean up the tank ? Have you a water part in the tank ?😮
Whenever I see excrement, I immediately remove it and squeeze a sponge. Then squeeze the sponge every evening. When squeezing the sponge, wash their bodies only with water. I do not add water separately. Primarily, Polynagel sponges are used.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1