Typhlotriton setup

N

nate

Here's some photos from my Typhlotriton tank. It's a 10g with rocks attached to the back glass. Water from a Duetto dj50 is pumped from the bottom and drips down the back wall. The bottom of the tank is piled rocks and about 4cm of water. The light normally has some blue plastic filters on it to make it very dim, but they were off for photo purposes.

<center>
12006.jpg
</center>

<center>
12007.jpg
</center>

<center>
12008.jpg
</center>

<center>
12009.jpg
</center>

(Message edited by nate on February 08, 2004)

Wow, very nice! Do you maybe have a pic of the whole tank?

Sure Coen. It was impossible to get a decent shot of the tank with the flash or with the blue light filters on, so here it is with normal lighting.

<center>
12011.jpg
</center>

I don't know how many other people are keeping seepage species or variations on seepage species like Typhlotriton, so I don't know how relevant this post will be to people. But if I had the space, I'd love to expand on the design, adding plants for species like Eurycea or Desmognathus.

(Message edited by nate on February 09, 2004)

Posting photos of such a beautiful setup is always relevant in my opinion, Nate! Awesome looking setup :D

Lovely setup - where do you get all your animals (euproctus, typhlototriton etc.)? how do you keep it cool?
Chris

Hi Chris, the room is unheated and naturally at 48-62F during winter. I can also open a window and drop the temps further if necessary. In summer, I run an AC unit.

I get my animals through collecting my own and trading with like minded individuals.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back