Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Uk frog day 2011 in manchester

Musty

Reaction score
Re: OCTOBER Uk Frog Day 2011 in manchester

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM UK FROG DAY

OCTOBER BREEDERS MEETING IN 2011

SUNDAY 16th OCTOBER 2011
PORTLAND THISTLE HOTEL
PICCADILLY GARDENS
MANCHESTER M16 DP
10AM – 4PM

We are very pleased with the response, support and encouragement from UK Frog Day visitors and the whole amphibian community that we have decided to organize two breeders meetings a year, June and October. These will follow the Hamm show in Germany and then Dutch frog day weekend respectively. The schedule for the October event will be different from the June show. All the details will be announced very shortly.

Many Thanks,

Musty and UK Frog Day team

www.UK FROG DAY.co.uk

scuwiffpixi

Reaction score
Frog day was great! Some of the viv's there were excellent! They made me wanna start keeping frogs they were that good, A lil slice of rain forest! :p

I Love my newties tho and I did get a couple, a pair of Italian crested's (triturus carnifex) and 2 Italian newts (Lissotriton italicus) They are still teeny atm as they are juvies but will stay quite small (no bigger than 8cm)

I traveled 5hrs to Manchester from Kent with my 6 month old baby for frog day and I'd do it again!:proud:

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Yes!!!! I might just be able to attend this one....bwaaaaahahahahaha.
Is it only for commercial breeders or something or does anyone qualify?

scuwiffpixi

Reaction score
It's open to the public so is not just for breeders. :D

I think they have meetings for the breeders though twice a year. But This was the first frog day, and I hope there's many more to come!!!

larn

Reaction score
larn-albums-captain-snapper-crew-picture16982-adf-looks-like-he-carrying-bolder.jpg

Musty

Reaction score
NEWS UP DATE - 26.09.2011

Hello Everybody,
Our Venue has been changed for October Breeders Meeting in 2011

Date : SUNDAY 16th OCTOBER 2011
Venue : MANCHESTER CONFERANCE CENTRE
SACKVILLE STREET
MANCHESTER
M1 3BB
10 am - 4 pm

Look forward to see you all

Thanks,
Musty

UK FROG DAY.co.uk

Musty

Reaction score
NEWS FROM UK FROG DAY TEAM

Hello again,

We have two interview articles in our web site.Please have a look at Blog section,you will see:
Interview with Paul Bachhausen and Martin Davis
with lots of pictures.

Thank you,
Musty

UK FROG DAY.co.uk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1