URGENT: please help axolotl back half was floating, now is not verr active and has a fluid filled bubble behind leg

Clockwork

Reaction score
Country
United States
.Urgent ,
20200828_215416.jpg
IMG_4171.jpg
My axolotl about five years old. noticed it may have had trouble eating now yesterday i noticed it was floating from its tail. now this morning that was no longer the case the axolotl appears to be moving less and has a large fluid filled bubble behind its leg. Please help with any possible advice the tank is a large 50 gallon with a hide and has regular water changes

.Urgent ,View attachment 85214View attachment 85215My axolotl about five years old. noticed it may have had trouble eating now yesterday i noticed it was floating from its tail. now this morning that was no longer the case the axolotl appears to be moving less and has a large fluid filled bubble behind its leg. Please help with any possible advice the tank is a large 50 gallon with a hide and has regular water changes
I would put it in a shallow tub so he can try to balance on the bottom reducing his stress levels

Mine too, going to change water and try to help her today :(

Attachments

• C98F711E-405A-405B-88FE-758E800AF6E0.jpeg
    C98F711E-405A-405B-88FE-758E800AF6E0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 160
Mine too, going to change water and try to help her today :(
Hi there,

Would you mind sending us the water parameters of your tank (ammonia, nitrite, nitrates and pH). What temperature is the tank?

Is there any signs of your axis floating or not being able to stay on the bottom

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back