Urgent shipping concern HELP!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I found a small hobbyist who has an axolotl I'm interested in purchasing. However, they live in Canada, and I live in North Carolina. They have no problems with shipping it, but I'm wondering if US customs would allow it? I would hate for it to get held up and die in custody or something horrible like that, so I'm really in need of advice. Google turned up no results, and I'm desperately in need of some advice. Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be a USFW violation and a CITES violation. It would take hundreds of dollars worth of permits to do it legally.

I found a small hobbyist who has an axolotl I'm interested in purchasing. However, they live in Canada, and I live in North Carolina. They have no problems with shipping it, but I'm wondering if US customs would allow it? I would hate for it to get held up and die in custody or something horrible like that, so I'm really in need of advice. Google turned up no results, and I'm desperately in need of some advice. Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have no problem finding axolotl in the states, there's probably more than a dozen breeders in your state. I'm probably exadrating but 90% of the for sale or give away on this sit are axolotls. If it where me i would look local first then after no luck go for shipping.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back