VERY IMPORTANT AND IM WORRIED... DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!

S

sam

I have 4 elf's and the smallest one is a little dark orangeish blackish greenish sorta... and the rest are bigger and is orange, well im worried about that...

2nd problem is that i put ants in the tank a wile ago and there still not out yet and the weather is warming up.. badly. THey are living on the back screened in portch... and i dont know how to keep them at a comfertable tempiture!! THIS IS BAD CUZ THEY CAN ONLY LIVE IN A CERTAN RANGE... and its aready 81 here now.. thats like 85 on the portch... and its suposto get hotter over the next few days... I would keep them in my room next to the window but the ants are in the tank and mom doesnt want in there... Im worried and i love them so much! I am really decated to them. And couldnt let them leave me now...

3rd problem... I have tryed feeding them little crickets.... they dont like... and they dont eat ne thing dead... THe only thing they love is worms.. the little tiney ones that come out when it rains on black top. You know... what ever there called... but there small. Ne ways i dont know where to find them... no gardin... no nothing...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME THIS IS SOOO IMPORTANT!!

First of all, you need to get them out of the heat, you are putting them under a lot of stress in those temperatures.

Second, you should try to find some wingless fruitflies from a pet store, and some earthworms from bait shop, but you have to chop them up.

Lastly, I don't think the ants are good for them, I would maybe take it apart and clean it, try the rubbermaid containers with (bleach free) paper towels, and some hiding places, and keep it moist.

Hope this helps, and get them out of the heat.

~Kristin

I agree, bring them in immediately. Don't worry about the ants in the house, they'll just die (can't get back to their colony). If you can't do that, house them as Kristin suggests.

Go get your yellow pages phone book. Find the nearest bait store. Or call the nearest Walmart and ask if they have live Canadian nightcrawlers in their fishing department. Chop them into very tiny pieces and feed the efts with bits of worm on a stick or tweezers.

they're eastern red spotten newts, arent they? and you caught them from the wild, didn't you? i have the same ones, you should try to feed them with tweezers, shake the dead things around in front of their head so they think its alive, they will eat it then.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back