Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Weird little white bugs?

Binditheaxolotl

Reaction score
So when I was in my room earlier, I noticed these teeny tiny white bugs on the glass. They kind of jump to move around, and are to small to be picked up by my camera. I haven’t introduced any new things to aquarium, I’m thinking about getting some white clouds and shrimp soon, but I plan to quarantine them for 2 weeks dosing methylene blue and Furan2 before introducing them. So, nothing new has happened there. Her tank is over filtered with a 55 gallon sponge filter, and an aquaclear 20. The only other things she has in there are the occasional small pond snail, usually I crush them with my finger when I see them tho. I can’t really buy anything right now, unless it’s life threatening to her. I treat water with prime and her parameters are perfect, ammonia 0, nitrate 20, nitrite 0. I doubt it’s anything but any ideas? Her behavior is normal.

Binditheaxolotl

Reaction score
Look up copepods and see if any resemble what you are seeing.

If so just symbiotic lifeforms fish will eventually eat.
Okay thank you! I just did and they look the same. I figured they weren’t a problem but wanted to check. Thank you! Hopefully if I get white clouds they will eat them, if not they aren’t causing problems.

MnGuy

Reaction score
Copepods are a great addition to a tank. I wouldn't worry about them. Having a sustaining population is actually a great sign of aquarium health.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!