What’s with PH buffers?

Binditheaxolotl

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have PH up and down, just in case my pH gets out of whack. But everyone is always saying, ph up and down are bad. Any reason for this? I obviously won’t use it if people say it’s a risk, o haven’t used it since we’ve got her tank recycled anyways. Is there any chemicals that are harmful to axolotls in there? I don’t see any malachite green or anything when I check the packaging.

Axolotls have a wide range for their pH so its just not necessary for them. The swings that can happen with the products can be the problem also the mess with the GH and KH

Axolotls have a wide range for their pH so its just not necessary for them. The swings that can happen with the products can be the problem also the mess with the GH and KH
Oooh okay thank you! My ph reads 7.6 and 7.4 on high range. Is this fine?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back