What pets does everyone own?

dklagesse

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a couple of anoles (one Green one Bahaman), one beautiful bearded dragon, and 3 red eared slider turtles. I also have a 75 gal tank with 6 angelfish, a 30 gal tank with a pair of angelfish, and a 20 gal with a few swordtails and pleco, and a tank full of swordtail fry.

I'm thinking I might be obsessed, but I absolutely LOVE all my tanks and can't wait for another addition to my ever-increasing collection of tanks. :D

I also have a puppy that just adores chewing up everything she can get a hold of...

Alkylhalide

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have 5axolotls, two rats and a cat :) pretty borring, hope to expand my animals once we expand our living arrangements! My roommate also has a 30gallon with two jack dempseys in it.

jAfFa CaKe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Jake
26 axolotls (23 of which are larvae)
A dog (Flat coat retriever/Boarder Collie)
A guppy
3 sunburst platies
1 glass/ghost catfish
Oh yeah, and my Barred Tiger Salamander, with the most original name I could think of, Tyger.

smurfrider

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have 4 axies and 100 larva
1 eastern newt
A dragon goby
10 molly fish
A goldfish
A Chinese hairless crested dog
And 2 boys who keep asking for more critters

JessJesting

Reaction score
Country
United States
Alright here it goes...

1 leucistic axolotl
4 cobra guppies
3 otocinclus
2 dwarf cories
1 angelfish
1 betta
3 platies (1 Mickey Mouse 1 red tail and 1 unknown)
1 neon tetra
2 dogs ( a puggle and a beagle)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elliriyanna

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have

- 3 axolotls
- 7 corydoras
- 3 male bettas
- 2 ADF
- Shrimp ( Not about to count them)
- 2 ACF
- 1 dog
- 1 cat

kcoscia

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Katie
7 platies, 20+ red cherry shrimp, 3 male bettas, snails, a cat

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

AfroNewtkeeper

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Daniel
The signature says it all... I just received a Northern blue tongue skink in the mail the other day.

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
England
As well as C. pyrrhogaster, C. ensicauda, I alpestris, T. verrucosus and A. tigrinum we have a pair of 16yr old Southern leopard tortoises, a Koi pond, three large Channel catfish and my ever faithful Chinese Shar pei called Bam Bam.

Last edited:

Kaini

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have:

- Two common goldfish (in a 55 gallon) Prowl and Jazz
- One Axolotl (Zion :D)
- Two betta in a divided ten (Jalen and Arjia) along with six ghost shrimp I've collectively named Borg

And a tiger swallowtail larvae I'm raising into a butterfly to take pictures of, plus a venus fly-trap if you count that...

smiley1996

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Amy
I have -
Pomeranian
sh itzhu X bischon - forgive the spelling haha
3 axolotls
Guinea pig
Cat
Blue and gold mccaw ^^

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

sde

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Seth
Well......

3 chickens ( before a opossum massacred them there was 5, and before other animals and a strange disease killed them there was 9 I think ).
1 Dog, AKC yellow lab, though she's more white.
1 Cat, found as a stray when she was young, totally white all over, I think she's 12 or 13.
7 T. granulosa, 5 of which are adults.
3 A. gracile, all adults.
And I would estimate about 50+ snails, several scuds, 2 water skaters, little bug larvae ( the kind that make a shell thing out of debris ), and lots of other pond life ( like copepods ).

That's it for now, but I want more chickens since most of them got killed or died of disease. And of course I want my newts to breed! :D

-Seth

Last edited:

auntiejude

Reaction score
Country
England
We have:
5 adult axies, 1 juvie, 58 larvae
50+ guppies, 30+ cherry shrimp, some snails
1 part-time dog - lives elsewhere most of time, but I visit daily.
1 teenage boy. Yes I know he's not really a pet, but I have to feed him, clear up his mess, put up with weird smells etc the same as a pet....but at least he's house trained!

Smokey0923

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have 3 cats 3 dogs and 3 tanks. One tank holds 2 geckos until I sell them then the tank will be for more Axolotls :p my 75 gallon tank has 3 Axolotls in it (waiting fir my fourth :D and I have a 30 gallon community fish tank with 2Mollies a couple platys a couple tetras and a female betta (was trying it out and so far she loves living in the tank). And I haven't even moved out of home yet. I told my best friend he's in trouble when I move in lol! Ooh and my goat....and turtle..and a **** load of minnows

Skudo09

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have

Two cats
Two rats (that chase the cats...)
Two axolotls :D
Three Goldfish
Tropical fish - mainly tetras, bristlenose catfish and upside down catfish

With the high chance of the menagerie continuing to grow...

speckles

Reaction score
Country
United States
Three cockatiels, a mali uromastyx, a tiger salamander and a wildtype axolotl. I also help take care of another cockatiel, a mini schnauzer and a melanoid axolotl.

Ripley

Reaction score
Country
United States
5 Axies
7 Angelfish
5 Green Cory Catfish
1 Panda Catfish
2 Dojo Loaches
1 Peacock Eel
5 Candy Cane Tetras
2 sword tails
3 ACF's
1 Oranda Goldfish
3 8 Lines
20 Glass Shrimp
2 Bristle Nose Plecos
2 Black skirt Tetras
2 Mystery Snails
1 Bearded Dragon
1 Cat

littlebignafe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Nathan
2 axies
2 corn snakes
7chickens
3chicks
1 duck
2 dogs
1 cat
hopefully more axies in the future :D

adler0

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Jesse
1 Adult Female Leucistic Axolotl (old photo)
2 Little Baby Echinotriton Andersoni Newts
1 Adult Fire salamander (sex unknown)
1 Female Panther Chameleon
2 Snails
1 Ball Python (sex unknown)

Attachments

SkollSunChaser

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Zerrin
I have...

1 dwarf axolotl (currently staying with a friend until I can take him home)
5 Neon tetras (also in the care of my friend until I'm in a better place)
3 Cats (2 females, 1 male all a pain in the a**)
1 Dog

Everybody was crowed around Munchkin when I tried to take pictures of him on a visit, so I didn't get a good shot of him unfortunately :/ Originally I was going to have him and two babies but they're eating their sitter out of house and home so I told her to sell them and I'd wait for the next batch to grow out. Though now I'm having second thoughts >_>

Attachments

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • nerdybirds73:
    im going to keep tubbing her but i still have no clue what went wrong
    +1
    Unlike
  • nerdybirds73:
    her condition keeps getting better and worse its like a roller coaster. I changed the water and am still monitoring her but im not sure what else to do becuase she wont eat and i really dont want her to die.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Murk:
    Hi Nerdybirds - open a thread, that usually gets more views and also allows you to post pictures and give more background information: water parameters, age, etc.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Roadrunner:
    My axolotl can you all take a look at that thread, I am freaked out about my axie
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    His gills seem kinda small, I don't think that's normal but I'm not a huge expert on axolotls
    +1
    Unlike
  • Roadrunner:
    Yeah his gills is kinda small and it can be caused by nitrate level, I am taking care of it atm, I am worried about his weight, is he only overfed or are there any kinds of problems there ?
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    Well, again, I'm no expert. But I did just read axolotls are supposed to have a body about as wide as their head. The gills I'd say are the biggest problem, which could reduce oxygen intake, which could make a whole mess of problems.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Roadrunner:
    Thanks for the help then, I will deal with his gills in no time
    +2
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Bri the axolotl mom has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Bri the axolotl mom has joined the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • nerdybirds73:
    Any one have advice on feeding a tubbed axolotl?
    +1
    Unlike
  • nerdybirds73:
    mine hasent eaten in weeks and im not sure what to do
    +1
    Unlike
  • LauraLobster:
    Hello, I am a new owner of a 3 month old axolotl, and although I have done a lot of research on axolotls, I can barely find any for babies. If anyone can help me with these questions, I would be super happy. How many hours do baby axolotls tend to sleep per day? How many times should I feed it and what would be considered too much (it's current diet is freeze-dried brine shrimp and blood worms, and I currently feed it around 3 bloodworms since they are not that big)? How many times a week should I change the water and how? I have a good filter and use Prime as my conditioner to remove the chlorine and other chemicals, but I still need to figure out how to deal with ammonia and such in the water. How do I clean it's waste (should I use a dropper to easily pick it up)? I need a better cooling system because currently I use ice packs on the side of the tank and I make sure to angle my ac so that it hits the tank.
    +1
    Unlike
  • LauraLobster:
    I also leave the lid open during the day so that evaporation can cool down my tank. I want to buy a fan, but since winter is coming I won't have to buy one yet. Lastly, what water testers are effective and affordable for a broke student like myself? Please, if anyone has any advice I will love to hear it. I care for this creature too much at this point, but I have no one to help me with caring for it other than the internet :,)
    +1
    Unlike
  • EmilyP:
    Hi LauraLobster I am a new owner of axolotls myself and have been getting advice from things like this, I feed mine twice a day on blackworms and brine shrimp blood worms are more of a treat food, a question on where you are keeping you axolotl are you keeping it in the main tank or in a tub also if in the tank did you cycle it first? and if not i suggest tubing it until the tank it cycled, mine are still tubed since I was given bad advice by the shop people about cycling my tank and am still in the process of cycling it. I use pipettes to clean up the mess of my axolotls. I use the API mater test kit for freshwater tanks I am also a student and had to look around to find it the cheapest I could.
    +1
    Unlike
  • AnimeDan:
    Hi LauraLobster, like you I got my first ever Axolotl back in July. Iv found that he has enjoyed and eaten red wigglers well. They are a good source of protein and help provide the nutrients a young lotl needs to grow up big and strong. You will probably need to break it up into smaller pieces until they get bigger but they are what I have primarily fed my buddy since I got him. He’s actually so picky that he won’t even eat his pellets anymore and will hold out till he gets his favorite wormy.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Readysalted:
    Hi I would like to know how you treat nea
    +1
    Unlike
  • Readysalted:
    Hi I would like to know how you treat newt inflamtion I've got one and recently it's started to develop an inflammation on its throat can someone please tell me how you treat this I've also checked if he had something stuck but I didn't se anything
    +1
    Unlike
  • Cjbond:
    Anyone have any Notophthalmus viridescens for purchase to a loving home?
    +2
    Unlike
  • Grantsky:
    Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this as I am new to the site, b
    +1
    Unlike
  • ltoloxa-:
    Hey, can anyone recommend a good fan/cooler in UK?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Nycolebayne:
    I’ve got proven female axolotls available if anyone is interested.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Mark.H:
    Hey, does anyone know if shale is ok for long-toed salamanders?
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    As long as its cleaned yeah! You can even make overhangs if you have enough pieces to make nice caves and platforms
    +1
    Unlike
  • Mark.H:
    Ok, thanks!
    +1
    Unlike
    Mark.H: Ok, thanks! +1