Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What Size Tank and what Equipment

M

mick

hey pplz im from Perth in Western Australia and am wanting to get an axie

just curious what is the smallest tank for one axie taht will not be stressed or anything and what gear should i nneed in heaters and tanks ???

i have msn so if ppl can add me and help me would be greatly happy :D

kick_ass_wog2001@arach.net.au

H

heather

Im not exactly in Australia but i can still help.
crazy.gif

For One axolotl a ten gallon tank would be adequate. He will be happy in it. Some tings i find useful for my tank is a low power filter, so as to keep the water clean without stirring it up too much. An airator + airstone is great in the tank, keeps it oxygenated. I am not sure how cold it gets where you are but i would say no to the heater. They like it cold is what ive been told. heehee that rhymes!

Good luck with your new friend Mick!

M

mik

Hi Mick, welcome to the forum. check out the link above and then come back for tips and experience gained questions.

Good luck

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1