Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What to do with earthworm sticks.

IronViking

Reaction score
Hello all! Okay, I picked up some earthworm sticks from my local pet store. Unfortunately they are rock hard, and I don't want my axie trying to choke these down. They don't soften when I soak them either, they just dissolve. Would it be possible to grind these up, add egg, and a binder like arrowroot, and try to cook them into a softer pellet? Or should I just cut my loss, and get rid of the sticks?

wolfen

Reaction score
Hello all! Okay, I picked up some earthworm sticks from my local pet store. Unfortunately they are rock hard, and I don't want my axie trying to choke these down. They don't soften when I soak them either, they just dissolve. Would it be possible to grind these up, add egg, and a binder like arrowroot, and try to cook them into a softer pellet? Or should I just cut my loss, and get rid of the sticks?
the only thing I can think of apart from making them into a softer pellet would be to dissolve a load of them and then freeze them into ice cubes,

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AxoLittle2022: Hi everyone, how does one clear an impaction at home? +1