What's in your fridge?

P

pin-pin

I think this is the right thread (Equipment/Products?).

Anyhow, I opened up my fridge this morning, and after taking the milk out, I had to photograph this. The only human food are drinks and condiments. The tupperware is my whiteworm culture (it's in the fridge at the lowest setting because my room is a blazing 85F)

newtdormium2.jpg

The refrigerator of a true amphibian culturist! I suppose the freezer is stocked with bloodworms.
wink.gif

My smaller fridge has NO ROOM left for human products as I have numerous containers filled with trios of next years breeders. I hope.

Cataldo

Thanks Jen and Dean! Cataldo, post a picture then!
biggrin.gif
I want to see what is in other people's fridge.

What is the clear jar on the top shelf, second from the right? It has dark blobs in it?

Keegan

Hi Keegan,

Those are brine shrimp. The clear jar with dark blobs is the main container of brine shrimp. The other clear jar with the red liquid are brine shrimp which are soaking in Chromaplex 24h before I feed them to the newts. Not sure if it does anything, but it turns the brine shrimp a nice bright red.

Well pin-pin here you go. I'm up late on christmas eve and figured I'd post this for you.

This was my cramped 4 cubic feet fridge i used for some hibernation, worms, brine, nightcrawlers, etc... The only human item I could find is BEER. The potatoes are for my worms, crickets to eat/drink from. They stay fresher,longer in there. The other container is nightcrawlers.

As you can see, it was just slightly overpacked. I updated to a bigger fridge now. The container nearest the top having snow-like residue on it and being COLDER, is of a north american species of mole salamander called Ambystoma jeffersonianum. I obtained a pair and figured I would hibernate them over the actual winter and see what spring brings. From reading caudata's forums, I see a Rob John would be interested in info if anything happens.

The fridge is 40F and the top container is probably 30F with snowy frost on the lid, almost like their real homes would be in december.

Cataldo

9980.jpg

9981.jpg

I once had a pair of Eurycea bislineata spawn in my vegetable drawer in the fridge.

or at least eggs were laid...whether the actual spawning occurred in the fridge or not I will never know... but the eggs were laid in there.

honest!

greg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back