Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Where can I buy bullfrogs?

bullfrog

Reaction score
I am looking for a website to buy bullfrogs for a man made pond. Any suggestions? Thanks.

keithp

Reaction score
Nasco.com, scroll down to see live bullfrogs being sold in different sizes. I have ordered from them and their stock is very healthy. They sell Science supplies to Schools, but the Public can order from them too and they have ANYTHING Science related! http://www.enasco.com/science/?&q=bullfrog&page=2

Also, most pet stores sell bullfrog tadpoles with there goldfish. Try Petco or Petland.
Usually even these tadpoles are pretty healthy and you dont have to pay for shipping, and it's fun to raise them yourself if you want.

T

tylototriton

You probably don't need to introduce bullfrogs into your pond. In fact, I would really recommend against it. Where do you live? Most likely frogs will inhabit the pond after it has been in for a while.

Alex

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Stick to stocking your pond with native species, whatever those might be. The easiest way is the Field of Dreams method ("build it and they will come"). Bullfrogs are a nuisance species and they will keep away other, much nicer frogs. Even if you have bullfrogs locally, stocking your pond with a non-local strain will mess up the genetics of the local bullfrog population.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!