Where has my Axolotl gone? (Found)

Retrixy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Retrixy
I recently got an Axolotl and It was doing fine in the tank but when I checked on it just now, it wasn't in the tank. I have looked everywhere. I looked around on the floor and it's not there so I don't think it jumped out. I also looked everywhere in the tank (apart from underneath the sand).

Oh, I found him. He's hiding behind a tree in the very corner. Do you think I distressed him?

Oh, I found him. He's hiding behind a tree in the very corner. Do you think I distressed him?

Honestly, axolotls are really good at hiding. I currently don't have many plants in my aquarium (working on it though) and there's not many places for an 11-inch axolotl to hide, but he manages somehow. I've heard that the more hiding places you allow for your axolotl, the less shy it tends to be, but some it may just be temperament. Has it displayed similar tendencies to hide or is this new behavior?

Honestly, axolotls are really good at hiding. I currently don't have many plants in my aquarium (working on it though) and there's not many places for an 11-inch axolotl to hide, but he manages somehow. I've heard that the more hiding places you allow for your axolotl, the less shy it tends to be, but some it may just be temperament. Has it displayed similar tendencies to hide or is this new behavior?
I just got him.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back