Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Where to get live blackworms

E

eddie

I have mailed aquaticfoods.com twice in the past week and no reply back.I used to get a reply within a day.I used to get a lb of live black worms there.I heard they stopped selling because of a flood there,but thats been awhile.Anyone else having trouble getting in contact with them?Is there anywhere else online that sells black worms?

J

jennifer

They are the only place I have ever heard of that sells blackworms by mail. They had a flood and lost one pond, so they are selling at reduced capacity. I still order from them (a half pound about once a month). They have never been easy to get hold of. Half the time, they don't even send me an acknowledgement of my order, it just shows up (except the times that it doesn't show up, haha). I think you just have to keep trying until you get an answer.

D

dancbw

Hello Eddie and Jennifer
Flooding is over and production is back to normal.
We're very seldom in the office always at the ponds. Thats why emails are the best.
Jennifer, I always confirm orders with you as being that its a live product i want you to know when they arrive.
Eddie,
you always just send in payment and no email.
When you do i always respond.
Anyway thanks for your business.

Dan

J

jennifer

Well, I may have exaggerated a bit. I did have one order that wasn't acknowledged but did show up, and another that didn't show up. But these both occurred more than 2-3 years ago. Service and replies to my mails have been quite consistent since then.

Thanks, Dan, I do appreciate that you are willing to sell to individual buyers, not just wholesale. I wouldn't be able to raise newts if I couldn't get blackworms this way.

(Message edited by jennewt on July 28, 2005)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1