Wild Algae and an Unidentified Wild Plant

AfroNewtkeeper

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Daniel
I found some wild algae that grows in clumps. Is wild algae going to be beneficial or should I wait for algae to grow in my tank?
Also, what plant is this?
image.jpg

(This is just a bit urgent, so I'd appreciate a fast response. Thanks!)

I would try it, but I think I recognize that plant. It looks like a regular land plant, maybe this body of water has unusually high water and normally that plant isn't under water. Either way, it's worth trying. Just make sure you rinse it well so you don't get any leeches or any damselfly larvae!

Thanks- I found some ceratophyllum (fairly certain) and I've decided to use it. There are lots of leeches and worms, and some scud. There are a few jelly-like blobs that could consist of snail eggs. How should I clean the plants? I've heard of dipping them in saltwater and rinsing them...

How should I clean the plants? I've heard of dipping them in saltwater and rinsing them...

Yes, dipping them in saltwater is good, it should get rid of the bad stuff I think. those plants look kinda like the plants I just put in my tank, are they interconnected? Like where they have roots that have more than one stalk and leaf part coming from it? I think that mine will do good, and if yours are the same yours probably will too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back