Wood frog care

S

sandy

hello everyone i was wondering what the care would be for a wood frog? i will be getting one in the next few day's and i don't know anything about it can someone help me with what they need in tank form and what they eat thank-you sandy.

well, I've taken care of wood frogs befor so here it goes, oh yeah and wood frogs aren't treefrogs so someone might want to move it

First for food you can feed them crickets, grasshopers,worms, basicaly anything that they would eat in the wild

Next for an encloser, it can basicly be like a terrestrial salamander cage with hide spots and a water dish

(Message edited by Dane_Zu on August 02, 2006)

I wouldn't keep a wood frog in anything less than a 15 gal. with a 20 gal. long being better. Remember that wood frogs like salamanders aren't very tolerant of heat. They start to stress when the temps get over 80F.
Mark

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back