Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

yet another new Paramesotriton

will_j

Salamandra Enthusiast
Reaction score
not long after Paramesotriton zhijinensis we have another, Paramesotriton longliensis

Reference: Li S,Tian Y-z, Gu X-m, Xiong R-c 2008 A new species of Paramesotriton - Paramesotriton longliensis. Zool Res 29:313-317

paul_b

Reaction score
Paramesotriton longliensis

"A New Species of Paramesotriton — Paramesotriton longliensis
(Caudata: Salamandridae)
LI Song, TIAN Ying-zhou, GU Xiao-ming, XIONG Rong-chuan
Zoological Research, 2008,Jun. 29(3):313—317"

...did someone check this new Chinese publication?
or someone here who can make a translation?

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Paramesotriton longliensis

Jennifer Macke could make this happen I think.

Jiang

Reaction score
回复: Re: Paramesotriton longliensis

I have the article, please email me.

paul_b

Reaction score
AW: yet another new Paramesotriton

Hi Jiang,

I have the article too!
But unfortunately I can not read any Chinese Word.

Paul

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: AW: yet another new Paramesotriton

Jiang,

You can quite legally post the English abstract to this thread - that is part of its purpose. So please do :).

-John

franceschino

Reaction score
A New Species of Paramesotriton — Paramesotriton longliensis (Caudata: Salamandridae)

LI Song1, TIAN Ying-zhou1,*, GU Xiao-ming2, XIONG Rong-chuan

Abstract:A new species of Paramesotriton longliensis sp.nov. (Holotype: No.0705015, adult male; Allotype: No.0705019, adult female; Paratypes: 10♂♂, 10♀♀) was discovered during a survey of herpetofauna in Shuichang village, Longli County, Guizhou Province between May 4 to May 12, 2007. This new species can be distinguished by the following characteristics: the back part of the upper branchial bone points upwards, an obvious bulge presents on both sides of the branchia vestiges on the head, high edges stick out on the back, there is no fringe on the side of the fingers and toes, but there is a black cuticle at the end, the fold of the tail fin behind the anus is reddish orange, which fades away, while that of the adult male is purplish red, and has no stripes.

Key words: Amphibia; Caudata; Salamandridae; Paramesotriton; Paramesotriton longliensis; New species

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Francesco - the new limit for PDFs is 3 megabytes. Thanks for posting that.

A

achiinto

Hey, I have translated an article from Chinese to English before for this forum. Although not this particular article, I dont mind to try translating one more. Although, my translation skills and biological knowledge probably not suitable to generate a good translation. However, probably is better than nothing. And someone with better knowledge in biological terminology can edit it afterward. PM me if interested.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an English translation of this article already. It is waiting for me to proofread it. I'll get it done ASAP. If I don't post here in a couple of days, someone kick me.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At long last, I have a full English translation of the P. longliensis paper. It was difficult due to the anatomical descriptions. Thank you to Yong Zhao and Ian Choi, who both put a lot of effort into the translation.

If you want a copy, send me an e-mail. Use the link in my profile, or write to jpmacke at comcast.net. If you post on this thread asking for a copy, I may not see your message.

There are a couple of photos in the paper. I would say that this species is not one that has ever been imported in the pet trade. I have never before seen any photos of this species, to my memory.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1