Adults are boring, juveniles are fun

bellyache

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Manchester Axolotls
My adults do nothing but stay still at the bottom and hardly move and are not interesting :(
yet, my juveniles are very active and always swimming about and are a treat to watch.
why cant adults be like that and not just sit motionless and do nothing.

That's the way they are. I hope you were joking.

Depends what you find boring I guess.

I still find them fascinating and I can happily sit still watching them sit still. It's calming, they are very mellow to hang out with after a hectic week at the office!

Depends what you find boring I guess.

I still find them fascinating and I can happily sit still watching them sit still. It's calming, they are very mellow to hang out with after a hectic week at the office!

Full ack. :D

Saying they are boring as an adult is like complaining that the cute little puppy grew up to be a big dog...

I don't find adult axolotls boring at all. most animals tend to be more active as juveniles and tend to calm down as they grow. I find them quite relaxing to watch and love seeing them sitting in odd positions.

I personally find adult axolotls to be quite quirky as they always seem to find themselves in

these hilarious positions in the tank and make the cutest faces whilst doing so. Adult axies

are a trip in their own way. I also find them to be more magnificent looking when they get

larger, their presence in a tank is more powerful. Watching multiple huge adult lotls stack is

always the best. My four are still juvies and even though I enjoy my wild babies, I'm excited

for them to get bigger. Also the adults have less cannibalistic mood swings while the juvies

tend to just go for it if they get too hungry, or so I have read. :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back