Axolotl chin bumps?

WiltedOrchid

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am the grandmother to two axi’s and have had them for several years now while my daughter has been in college. We’ve done great with keeping their water at ideal temps and the ph/etc where it needs to be although it’s been hard to raise the ph even with the crushed coral (in panty hose so they don’t get cut). Recently I’ve noticed Kirby her albino has a yellow spot on her back, and the small chin bump Mochi the Leucistic has had for a couple years has grown into two?! And is noticeably larger.
We’re about to move from Florida to NC, and once up there we will seek a good vet to take them to but until then I’ve been doing weekly tea baths for the past two weeks. They’re both eating very well and seem ok despite the physical signs so I’m not sure am I just being overly paranoid?

thanks in advance for any help/advice!!

Attachments

• 63B134AB-943A-459E-A0B6-9F4F6DEA6C49.jpeg
    63B134AB-943A-459E-A0B6-9F4F6DEA6C49.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 389
  • 35AE0709-5070-4DB0-AAF7-04EA13FE9A11.jpeg
    35AE0709-5070-4DB0-AAF7-04EA13FE9A11.jpeg
    315.7 KB · Views: 103
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back