Axolotl sex developing early?

Sablette

Reaction score
Country
United States
Fluff Incoming: Been a little sparse on the posts here recently. Still a relatively new Axie owner but have been doing plenty of research. Trust me, even with my busy life I'm here pretty much daily doing research on something. Either out of curiosity or paranoia. This place has been so much help with my new buddy and just wanted to thank everyone.

Got this little dude(?) about 2 1/2 months back when they were only 2 inches and now they've grown to an astounding 6 1/2. They are only about 4 1/2 months old which normally would be considered a bit soon to determine the sex, from what I've read. But over the past 2 weeks it looks like my bud's cloaca is starting to "bulge." What was once hardly even visible unless viewed from bellow is now starting to take shape. Is this size normal given it's current state or is this a sign that my Leucosia might be a "Luke." Attached a pic. Just took it a few minutes ago. Can take more if need be but it's the closest I could get without taking them out of the tank. Thank you all in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20180717_201855134.jpg
    IMG_20180717_201855134.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 142
It may still be too early and even if it wasn't, that bump is more of a females bump, they can have short pointy bumps, males have a long enlongated one or if the male isn't well endowed then there's a longer space between the back legs to the caudal fin.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back