Axos out if water! eh?

Caltastic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi so I went in the pet shop to buy a hammock for Chingu and Amigo. I wanted to double check I could put it in water. Anyway when I said it's for my axolotls the assistant said it may cause issues when they start to come out of the water. (not sure what issues it would cause) I looked a bit puzzled and she said " you do know they will change to land!" I said no I thought they had to be forced/made to do that and didn't just do it naturally on their own. She said no the staff are trained in these things and they definitely will become a land animal.
Soooo is she right? . She was very confident.

No she is not right! Just because someone works in a pet shop does not mean he/she is an expert in all things animal. You should tell her about this site if she wants to know more about axolotls.

No she is not right! Just because someone works in a pet shop does not mean he/she is an expert in all things animal. You should tell her about this site if she wants to know more about axolotls.Tha
Thank you for the confirmation. She was so confident in what she said I started to think I must of misread the information I had before getting them😅.

Lol no, that is not true at all! “No no we are trained!” Ha! They only morph on rare occasions

Unless she's thinking about different salamanders entirely then no they most certainly don't! Lmao 😂

no, most salamanders do but not axolotls. she might have got mixed-up with a tiger salamander as they look pretty similar throughout the early stages f their life's. the hammock should be fine.

She's under the impression salamanders come out of water as with most amphibians. There are quite of variety of neotenic salamanders that remain in water their whole lives.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back