ca newt mating

shockashawn69

Reaction score
Country
United States
a couple weeks ago, I found this incredible fossil, It was found in California, in a sediment of silica sand. This is the kind of fossil that mainstream paleontology has done a very good job of keeping out of the worlds fossil records. shortly after the evolution theory became the accepted scientific answer for how life came to exists, there was an explosion of silica sand fossils being discovered, these fossils were quickly becoming a very big threat to the theory of evolution. So they fabricated the lie that soft tissue dosent fossilize, and anytime their was a fossil that was formed in silica, it was always labeled as just a unique rock formation, they even invented a new word just for this purpose, pareidolia. they did such a good job keeping silica sand fossils out of the field of paleontology, when paleontologist today are shown a fossil of this type, they dont see a fossil, the see a pareidolia. When life forms become buried in silica sand, especially when rapid burial takes place (thats when burial occurs while the species is still alive, or just moments afterwards, and before any sort of decomposing of the soft tissue has begun to set in) everything is preserved exactly as it was the moment it became buried, unlike being buried under hard dirt or rock, which will flatten the creature, silica sand is light and soft, and doesn't damage the tissue when buried, yet its still able to keep the air from making contact as decomposition takes place. So the end result, after fossilization has completed, is a perfect replica of what the actual species looked like when it was alive. i wasn't sure exactly what species this fossil was so i took a picture and searched it in yandex images. I was rewarded with images of newts mating, and the caption read "ca newt mating ball." this was my first time ever seeing a newt, so i took some more images under UV light (image in blue) and was able to actually see the back leg and especially the foot in detail as i enhanced the size. comparing the foot in on the fossil to the foot of an actual newt during mating, i was able to confirm the yandex results, at least to my understanding. Did you know that newts, (at least the ca type), actually grow some extra skin on the bottom of their feet just weeks before mating season begins, which allows them to get a more firm hold on the female during mating? open the last image and look closely at the back foot in the bottom image of the fossil taken under UV light, compare it with the foot of the live newt in the top image....

Attachments

• Untitled 2.png
    Untitled 2.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 173
  • fossilized, ca salamander mating ball.jpg
    fossilized, ca salamander mating ball.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 23
  • CA Newts .jpg
    CA Newts .jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 17
That is unbelievable, wow. Learned several things also. But that find is truly special. Congratulations:cool:
And if you feel like in the future, use a piece of "space" inbetween the text because I think people see a "text-wall"♥️(y)

Last edited:
That is unbelievable, wow. Learned several things also. But that find is truly special. Congratulations:cool:
And if you feel like in the future, use a piece of "space" inbetween the text because I think people see a "text-wall"♥️(y)
thank you for the advice separation of text. after taking some more images from different angles, i got this shot and i was certain i could see the third newt in this piece, take a look at the image of the ca newt mating ball, with the three newts. they seem to be in a similar formation ball. open image .

Attachments

• silicate fossil ca newt mating ball.....jpg
    silicate fossil ca newt mating ball.....jpg
    859.2 KB · Views: 9
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back