Empty tanks what to do with them?

JessJesting

Reaction score
Country
United States
Alright so when I get some time (hahaha). I'm gonna juggle around my tanks. The stuff in the 10 will go in the 20 the 20 will go in the 29. So that'll leave an empty 10 which I was gonna make into a hospital/quarantine tank. Sound ok?

I also have an empty 29 I wanted to get some newts or a frog or something? Suggestions??? (I have an axolotl in a 20 long so maybe something else?)

Annndddd last but not least I have a 2.5 gallon that I got my betta in. It felt cruel to keep the betta in that little tank so I got him a 5 gallon to live in where he is MUCH happier! Soo is there ANYTHING I can put in it?

Thanks for reading my long post and thanks in advance for any input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could make a nice planted nano/shrimp tank out of the 2.5 gallon, as for the 29 gallon, what about T. verrucosus or P. waltl? A pair of either of those would make an impressive display tank with loads of nice plants etc.

I was thinking that for the 2.5! Do shrimp eat dead plant matter? I've had never shrimp.... Suggestions for shrimp? I like the waltl idea for the 29.. I was also thinking about fire belly newts but I hear they need more floor space? Is this true with the waltl?

You could have a group of fire-bellies in that with no problem. I would advise against obtaining them from a pet shop - apart from encouraging trade in wild caught animals, you would most likely end up with weak or even sick individuals. If you can find some captive bred ones, I would definitely recommend them (C. pyrrhogaster, C. ensicauda, C. cyanurus are more warmth tolerant than H. orientalis.) I keep C. pyrrhogaster and love them, they are a wonderful species.

I didn't mention Cynops because I'm always going on about them, glad someone else has! :)

How readily available are the cynops and waltl? I don't really ever see anything on here besides lotls. I don't really feel comfortable ordering from a site id rather get them from a home breeder.

And definitely decided on a nano planted tank. I'm gonna get either red crystal shrimp or blue velvet. =)

I'd say P. waltl would be the easiest to find as they are the easiest to rear, but you should be able to find Cynops if you are patient. I would put up a wanted add on here and see what happens

Alright! Thanks for all the help guys!

2.5 ... PERFECT shrimp tank, 29 gallon ... ACF are fun :) But I do not know what kind of animal you are looking for ... like what you want as far as personality ect.

I just wanted something ... Different.. Lol with a bunch of personality! Something that will come say hello lol. I'm leaning towards the waltl they are awesome looking and would look great in a planted tank (my fav!)

I really enjoy watching my shrimp. They are extremely busy, and I would even say intelligent. They fly around my tanks, hang upside down for hours, ride bubbles around, etc. etc. If they were as big as a human being, they would be truly frightening! :cry:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back