Fear my tiger will transmit something to pacman.

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Display Name
Muppet and Alexandra
Hello,

I have one really healthy tiger salamander that is not sick or anything. It is right now the only pet I have since my newt Alexandra escaped somehow:cry:. The thing is I was planning on getting a Cranwell's Horned Frog and I read that tiger salamanders can transmit things like Ranavirus to other amfibians while being immune themself.

So now is the question: Do captive bred tigers also carry the deseases or is it just the wild ones.

If you don’t keep the animals together, or use the same utensils for servicing the enclosures, and wash your hands in between, you shouldn’t have any issues.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back