Greetings from Maryland

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I had fire belly newts and different kinds of frogs as a kid. I realized I wanted to get back into amphibians as an adult and maybe get a few. Not sure what yet so I’m learning more about what salamanders and frogs are available these days. I’m excited that I found this site!

Mikhael

Hello! I had fire belly newts and different kinds of frogs as a kid. I realized I wanted to get back into amphibians as an adult and maybe get a few. Not sure what yet so I’m learning more about what salamanders and frogs are available these days. I’m excited that I found this site!

Mikhael
welcome, your username made me laugh :)

Hello and welcome to my fellow Marylander!

There is at least a couple of our fellows about. As a kid I kept eastern newts but these days I'm keeping alpine newts and yesterday I got my first Kaiser newt. There are a few fire belly newt breeders around this site and at least one chinese fire belly breeder in Maryland that I know of, good luck and have fun!

There is at least a couple of our fellows about. As a kid I kept eastern newts but these days I'm keeping alpine newts and yesterday I got my first Kaiser newt. There are a few fire belly newt breeders around this site and at least one chinese fire belly breeder in Maryland that I know of, good luck and have fun!

Thanks for the welcome! I had never heard of a Kaiser newt before. They look cool! Did you find it through a breeder on this site?

Thanks for the welcome! I had never heard of a Kaiser newt before. They look cool! Did you find it through a breeder on this site?
The fellow I found is apparently aware of this site but I found him through fauna classifieds. I also found 2 scammers through there so be careful if you use them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back