How are your caves?

ElHein

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hello, everyone! I am currently looking into getting a new cave, as our little bonus axie does not fit with the other two in the log we have. Any suggestions for homemade caves?
I've also noticed that they seem to rub up together. Even our badly eaten one that was terrified of his prior tankmate just went straight to his new mates and is now rubbing up with them. Ah, when the children get along!

You could build it from cement and sand. Place a pile of wet sand on a newspaper to make up the inside of the cave. Then mix sand and cement 5:1 or so and add a little coloring, Don't make it too wet. Put a 2 cm layer around the sand pile and make a hole for the entrance. When you're satisfied with the looks, let it harden for a couple of days. You can't use it immediately as the cement will give off some stuff to the water that's harmful to animals. Place it in a bucket of water for two weeks, and replace the water from time to time. Then it should be ready for use.

If you want to make a cave this way, I'll happily send you a small bag of colouring powder, the buckets I've brought of the stuff will surely last a lifetime and even more. I think i have brown, red and black.

Get a plastic pipe and use aquarium glue to decorate it with sand and rocks for example.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back