Is the 2015 photo calendar competition going to happen?

sde

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Seth
Hi Mods/Admins

I wasn't really sure where to put this thread so if this is the wrong spot sorry :)

I ( and maybe some fellow members ) are getting a little worried about the calendar competition. It is November, and last year the competition was open to entries in June. If you waited this late on purpose that's fine, but I just want to make sure it is or isn't happening because I am getting a bit worried. I have been anticipating it all year :D
Thanks. -Seth

My thoughts exactly! I tried PM'ing Mr. Clare, but I haven't heard back yet. I hope that the calender is still going to happen :happy:

There were significant problem with the people who printed the calendars last year, and I know they were looking for a new company to do it.
Nothing to stop you making your own though, or asking friends if you can use one of their images. Calndars are pretty cheap at Vistaprint, or books can be made on Blurb.

My thoughts exactly! I tried PM'ing Mr. Clare, but I haven't heard back yet. I hope that the calender is still going to happen :happy:

John hasn't been active since August, so it might be a while till you hear back.

There were significant problem with the people who printed the calendars last year, and I know they were looking for a new company to do it.
Nothing to stop you making your own though, or asking friends if you can use one of their images. Calndars are pretty cheap at Vistaprint, or books can be made on Blurb.

I could make my own, but it is the fact that the calendar is composed of the best photos of the forum that makes it so great to me. Some of the people that submit photos to the competition I don't think are members, so it is almost like the best herp photos of the year too. I just think it is a lot of fun, and have been trying to get a worthy photo all year.
But yeah it would be fun to do my own :)

Seth--HAHAHHAHHAHAHMUHAHAHA. Still their photos and do it :lol:
If you ment something else- Akward

Wait could i get band for saying that? Could I even get band at all?

I checked with John. It looks like there's not going to be one this year. :(

Seth--HAHAHHAHHAHAHMUHAHAHA. Still their photos and do it :lol:
If you ment something else- Akward

Wait could i get band for saying that? Could I even get band at all?

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about? :confused:

I checked with John. It looks like there's not going to be one this year. :(

Darn! That's too bad. :(

Now I have another question for the Mods/Admins, would it be alright if I made a thread and asked everyone to submit their favorite photos of the year ( if they wanted to of course )? And then people could pick their favorites to use in their own calendar. Does that sound alright?

I don't really think you need to ask the Mods/Admins for that, your not doing anything wrong. You could launch the Unofficial Caudata.org Calendar 2015!

Yeah Seth, great idea! I'm really going to miss looking through all the entries this year. I might even enter some of my infantile snaps if you start an (un)authorised bootleg Calender comp! :)

Last edited:
My coming out: I`ve been saving some stuff for that too.

I don't really think you need to ask the Mods/Admins for that, your not doing anything wrong. You could launch the Unofficial Caudata.org Calendar 2015!

I just wanted to make sure they didn't have something else in mind, but I suppose you are right.

Yeah Seth, great idea! I'm really going to miss looking through all the entries this year. I might even enter some of my infantile snaps if you start an (un)authorised bootleg Calender comp! :)

@ Your edit: Come on Chinadog, your photos are fine ( so is your spelling ;) ). If you post your profile picture on the thread I am going to make I will almost surely use it, I love it!

My coming out: I`ve been saving some stuff for that too.

OK then, I shall make a thread.

For some reason, I am extremely excited about this, I don't really know why because I'm not even taking part!

I've never been much for photography! I might as well put a picture in, hey?

Go on! With modern cameras you can just keep snapping away until you fluke one that's good. Well, that's what I do anyway! ;) :)

So has a thread been made and I just overlooked it? Or is it still in the process of being made?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back