Peruvian snails with Axolotls?

Francinej

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I’m looking for something to keep my 70 gallon tank clean with my axie’s..,, it has been recommended to me by several people to get a couple Peruvian snails as they are very large and would be at no risk of the axie’s eating them or hurting them... just wondering if anyone has kept these or any other large cleaning animals with their axie’s safely? My guys are still juveniles (probably 3-4 inches long) so from what I have seen of these Peruvian snails they are like the size of your palm lol but that’s about all I know... any help would be great... I’d prefer to add stuff that they won’t eat just because I don’t want to have to keep replacing them lol I already have my axie’s tank plus 3 other large fresh water tanks so it can be costly lol

Hey there! In my option it may be best to just keep snails out of axolotl tanks. While they may not be eaten by your axolotls there's a possibility that a snail that large could harm your axolotl. While I haven't personally experienced it I have seen things here and there online where snails actually caused serious wounds to axolotls by trying to eat them. It may not be something that is a common occurrence but it may be something to consider. They are soft, slow moving critters.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back