skin shedding and floating

Joelnw

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
20210213_082211.jpg

can anyone help me identifying what happened on my female axolotl, this morning i saw her floating and her skin is peeling off.

she acted weirdly last night tho, like shes trying to swim outside the surface, but after a while shes going back to the bottom of the tank so i thought it was fine.

right now im putting her in a fridge .

20210213_103115.jpg

Her body becomed stiffer, i dont know is it because if fridging or dying . 😥

The only thing I can think of is ammonia being too high. I've never seen this before.

i once saw an axolotl with the same problem. unfortunately it died 2 days later. what is the temperature of your aquarium?

@axie owner

Thank you for trying to help. Almost no replies anymore and I couldn't be less experienced in helping. The forums are like silent since December.

i once saw an axolotl with the same problem. unfortunately it died 2 days later. what is the temperature of your aquarium?
Hi! Thankyou for your reply,my axie died 2 hours after my last updated 😔.

My aquarium temp is 20-22°C , and i put her with 2 other adult male axies, but both of them didnt experience anything. Is it because of high ammonia level? I would like to prevent my other axies to experience the same disease.

*I dont have a test kit so I never test it :(

i am so sorry to hear that she didn't make it. :( i would definitely recommend getting a test kit. they are super useful. i would have to say that it probably be the ammonia but that looked more like a sign of heatstroke.

@Joelnw

I am so sorry for your loss, you have my full sympathies.

Yes, please get an API Fresh Water Master test kit, they work wonders. They really help you identify the problems.

Again, I am so sorry.

Thankyou @axie owner and @EasternRomioi3.

I'll get the test kit ASAP. Thankyouu 🙌🏻
Sorry for your loss. I would definitely like to get a little more info to make sure your other 2 are ok. Your water is a little warm, but not too far outside the safe zone. I would be more interested to know what your water parameters are. You should definitely invest in a good quality liquid test kit. No test strips, they arent accurate enough. Then let us know what your ammonia, nitrites, nitrates and pH are reading. You should be test your water weekly to make sure you have no big chemical fluctuations. Weekly water changes are also a must.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back