Tiger salamander bad eye!

Mozza

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello so I have three tiger salamanders and one of them has recently gained what looks like a swollen eye and it also look a little glazed over, I had something quite similar happen to one of the others not long back and it went away after about a week, does anyone have anything they think I should do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first thing I would do is isolate that one from the others.. If it turns out that it is a fungal or bacterial infection or something, then it could spread to the others. I would suggest maybe quarantining your salamander in a container with wet paper towels as substrate until you can figure out what to do.. It might also be possible that there was just a shedding problem and there's some extra shed over the eye. I'm sorry I can't pinpoint the exact problem but maybe someone else has experienced something similar. I hope your little friend gets better!

So I actually just left my tiger in the same tank as the others and everything is all better now I think it was just some stuck shed, I thought it might have been

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back