Tiger salamander burrowing

Simonaa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My tiger salamander has been under ground for over 2 and a half weeks, no sign I'm guessing it's to do with the warm temperature as he's always up to the glass eating and in his water area I'm a bit concerned

It’s not that uncommon, although it definitely can be a sign of stress. Heat, too much light, or lack of humidity can do that. If it gets hungry enough it should come back up. I would try to drop the temperature using a swamp cooler or something. If it still doesn’t come back up just slowly uncover it and see how hungry it seems. If it isn’t hungry there is likely another problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back