Tiger salamander diet?

Cedricky

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boyfriend and I recently bought a tiger salamander and we have a few questions on his diet.
It has apparently been just over a year since he’s been out of the water for a bit of background.
Are giant orange woodlice okay and if so are they okay for him to have regularly in his diet alongside wax worms, earth worms, meal worms and crickets?
I’ve seen mixed opinions on wood lice as food as the shell can be hard or they can be too small.
I also would like to start making colonies for his food and was wondering if, for earthworms, I could buy one of them worm world’s, the children’s toy as it’s basically a kit for worms so I don’t see why I couldn’t but would just like to be sure. Neither of us have owned a salamander before and any help or advice would be appreciated.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back